The trip to Destin, Florida included the following observations:
1. Speedos are making a comeback. I saw two – which is two more than I saw last time I was in Destin.
2. The Kardashians are influencing at least three teenage girls to wear heavy makeup, big hair, and ridiculous sandals to the beach.
3. Shredded cheese in a bowl is a side dish.
4. Hemingway was – at least once – naked on his fishing boat. I know this because in a Pensacola restaurant called “Hemingway’s,” there is a picture of him standing naked on a fishing boat facing way from the camera. I didn’t know I would ever see Ernest Hemingway’s bare butt.
5. According to an Alabama billboard, “Go to church OR THE DEVIL WILL GET YOU.”
(PS – please ignore the oddly large, green font. It seems to want to do that when I copy and paste.)